March 31, 2011
The Mesilla Valley Film Society will be conducting its second short film contest from April 1- April 30, prostate 2011. Similar to last year’s competition when filmmakers were asked to make a short film that asked theatre patrons to turn off their cell phones before the film screening, this contest will have two subjects to use for filmmakers to continue on their road to an Academy Award…
–Choose a subject….1) Interview a Mesilla Valley Film Society volunteer (s) to find out why he or she volunteers at the theatre and the rewards of same….OR 2) make a film that trumpets the benefits of membership to the Mesilla Valley Film Society.
RULES- NO EXCEPTIONS-
1. Your film must be less than 3 minutes in length
2. Acceptable content for all audiences. No vampires, please. Use your sense of humor and imagination.
3. Know your subject…please, no generic films that don’t include at least one visit by you to the theatre!
4. All entries MUST be on standard DVD ONLY. All others are immediately disqualified.
5. Deadline is 7 PM, April 30, 2011. Late entries WILL NOT be accepted under any circumstances. Drop them off at the theatre prior to a screening (doors open 45 minute before each screening) or mail them to —FILM CONTEST- MESILLA VALLEY FILM SOCIETY—DRAWER Z—-MESILLA, NM 88046
6. PRIZE– $50 cash, a one year membership for one to the MVFS, and the pleasure of having your film shown on the big screen for a still to be determined number of days, prior to a regular film screening.
To make an appointment to visit with a volunteer or for other questions, please leave a message at 524-8287, ext 2. or Email…email@example.com
Two garden work day weekends in a row? Is it possible? Yes! Since we have work days on every even dated Saturday every now and then it lines up that way. And it is perfect timing for us as we work to get the finishing touches done on the paths and irrigation system. Come join us this Saturday, site
April 2nd, anesthetist
from 9am-11:30am! Milagro coffee and snacks will be provided as always.
Thanks and feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Border Servant Corps Intern
Fairlight Community Gardens
Stay updated on what we are up to!
Facebook: Fairlight Community Garden (FCG)
We are located at 999 W. Amador Ave. Right behind the Mesilla Valley Community of Hope.