October 14, 2016
It’s going to be a beautiful October evening tomorrow night with a full moon, perfect for the Southwest Environmental Center’s annual A Wild Night for Wildlife gala fundraiser, starting at 6 pm in downtown Las Cruces.
This is your last chance to buy a ticket at the early bird price of $50. Click here to buy your ticket now.
Besides being a really fun event, with great food, live music, dancing on Main Street, silent auction with over $14,000 worth of items, here are some other reasons you might want to attend. By buying a ticket for this one evening of fun, you will help support our efforts year-round to:
- Build broad support for Mexican wolf conservation in the Southwest (did you hear about our recent Blessing of the Wolves event?)
- End wildlife killing contests in New Mexico and reform state wildlife management to be more democratic and accountable
- Restore critically important wildlife habitats along the Rio Grande, like our La Mancha Wetland project
- Protect the vast grasslands of Otero Mesa from destruction by oil and gas development
- Raise awareness and appreciation for the Southwest natural heritage through our educational programs, such as Back by Noon outings
This is one of our most important fundraisers of the year, providing essential funding for our work to protect wildlife and their habitats all year round. We hope to see you there!